Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Urban Archaeology: Third Installment

Tristan gave the boy a tip, then moved into the compartment. He stowed his gear, as did the rest of his team, and sat down. He chose the seat next to Lacie.
"So, you dont remember who I am?" he asked in his deep, rumbly voice. He searched her face for the lie he was sure would be coming. Instead, he saw...guilt?
"Yes, I know exactly who you are. You are Tristan. You are then man who caught me 6 years ago at our college graduation and you are they man who kissed the socks right off my feet. Now you are the guy who has been following me. I saw you outside of Prague, Helsinki, Dublin and the last time I saw you, besides just now in the Customs building, you were in Bangkok. You are the guy who never gave he his last name, but managed to work is way into my memories and, I must admit, into my heart for about 6 months. And that is who you are. I'll bet that you've been around so many women that you dont even remember who I am."
"Lacie. Your name is Lacie, and if I remember correctly, you never gave me your last name either. I found out later it is Sullivan. As for following you, we work at the same company: Urban Archaeology. That is why you have seen me where you are."
Both Lacie and Tristan hadnt realized that they had started yelling at each other. When they looked up, they saw that Tristan's team was looking at them, their eyes wide and their mouths hanging open.

No comments:

Post a Comment